Sunday, June 20, 2010

HIM: week 7, Her: week 22


It's been a challenging week for paleo eaters. On my Tuesday lunch, I headed to Duane Park, a Cajun/French restaurant only two blocks from my office. Had duck confit and calimari salad - both delicious. The hard part came when we went to a ball game Friday night in Staten Island. Our tickets said "Unlimited refreshments." Not quite - we stood in line for nearly an hour and then were told that we could get exactly one item and a bottled water. I ended up with a dry cheeseburger - took off the top bun and discarded half of the bottom. Dreadful. On a happier note, the family took me to brunch Father's day at Captain Bill's in Bay Shore. Many paleo choices - sausage, prime rib, salads, lox, roast lamb and poached eggs. At the end, I had some fruit from the dessert table. Left feeling pleasantly full. Afterwards, we posed for this picture (above) to show the week 7 progress, compared to the picture at left, taken 2 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment