Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Right Stuff

A few weeks ago we were in a fall kind of mood at the grocery store and added a 6 pound turkey to our cart. Yesterday, we decided to cook it in the evening. What to do about stuffing? Before I got on the plan I loved the stuffing more than the turkey, but it is almost entirely bread. Fortunately, when I went to Google and tried "Paleo turkey stuffing" I get several useful recipes. The main ingredients tended to be vegetables such as cauliflower, mushrooms and onion. One of them called for bacon and sausage, so we went along with that. At the end, we had something that was a hit with both of us. I should have taken a picture, but I was too busy eating. Bring on Thanksgiving and a crustless pumpkin pie!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering just last night how well roasting a bird stuffed with bacon would work.

    ReplyDelete